Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead invites Voluntary, Community and Faith organisations to a training workshop run by Nacro:
Recruiting Safely & Fairly
Friday 19th October 2018 10 am – 4.30 pm
The Warehouse Room, Three Central Ltd
3 London Road, Redhill, RH1 1LY
- Gathering relevant information in order to inform the risk assessment process.
- Applying the relevant legislation that impacts upon risk assessment; including the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974, the Exceptions Order 1975 (as amended 2013) and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Understand how to interpret criminal record information in order to inform risk assessment processes
- Understand how to risk assess applicants/volunteers with criminal records in the context of safe recruitment and safeguarding
- Client specific issues/case studies
Course fee £40 per person for non-members of VARB, £35 for VARB Members
Lunch not included. Places limited to 20, so please book early.
To Book, please go to Recruiting Safely & Fairly Booking Form
For more information about VARB Membership please see