Cenotaph Parade – Surrey East leading
10th November @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Are you a Ranger aged over 16?
Or a Girlguiding member under 30?
Your County Needs YOU!
Remembrance Sunday, 10 November 2019, is a day for the nation to remember and honour those who have sacrificed themselves to secure and protect our freedom.
Surrey East County is honoured to have been chosen to represent Girlguiding at the national parade in Whitehall this year in 2019 and we are looking for participants.
There are a strictly limited number of places for this very special opportunity and sadly not everyone will be able to take part. We are now looking to select the group of girls and members to take part in the parade. This opportunity is open to young women who will be aged over 16, or under 30 on 11th November 2019. We will be looking for adult leaders to take part later.
Those selected must be prepared to:
• attend rehearsals – 21st September, 19th October and possibly 2nd November
• parade smartly for a distance of around a mile
• spend a considerable time waiting around in the cold, and possibly wet, without complaining – we will need to be in place early and will be towards the rear of the parade so there will be a lot of waiting around
• stick strictly to the uniform guidelines issued
• bring photo ID
If you would like to be considered for this once in a lifetime opportunity, or have any questions, please click here
by 1st May 2019 giving your:
• full name
• date of birth
• email address
• telephone number
• role in Guiding and membership number
• One sentence explaining why we should select you to take part in the parade.