The new holiday home is nearly complete and Faurefold is now taking bookings for dates from October 2017.
The site has a new website too: www.faurefold.co.uk. Head there to make your booking for either the holiday house or campsite.
All about Faurefold
Faurefold is Girlguiding Surrey East’s County Holiday & Camp Site, nestling in the folds of the beautiful Surrey Hills at Westcott, near Dorking, just outside the M25.
Acquired by Girlguiding London South West in the late 1950’s as their County Campsite, it was later developed into a Brownie Holiday home as well and is now managed by Surrey East.
Set in 11 acres of its own grounds – all within a fenced boundary – Faurefold is ideal for either day visits/events or longer stays . With an open space in front and to the side of the building, and wooded areas around it, the site is a lovely place to get to know the countryside, follow trail, or build dens.
The building has two large dormitories sleeping 12 each in bunk beds, and two separate Leaders’ rooms each sleeping three. Each dormitory has its own bathroom plus there is a Leaders and disabled person bathroom as well. There is a large main room, a separate kitchen, and a smaller break-out room.
The site is also great for a single camp of up to about 36 people. Equipment is available for central and patrol cooking, and both ridge and lightweight tents are available. There is plenty of wood on the site and a concrete base for the central fire. There are toilet facilities outside of the building for camping use. There is a car park but no access for coaches.
- Orienteering courses set up of varying difficulty – being updated due to new build
- Fairy doors to find and a woodland trail
- Giant games
- Nature path with hidden animals and stick people
- Camp fire circle in the woods
- Geocaching equipment and caches in the woods @ £10
- Bat detecting equipment
- The Faurefold Challenge ‘I’ve Had Fun Outdoors@Faurefold’. A booklet of activities and a badge to gain. There is a full colour booklet that describes the activities and has space to record what you do to receive the lovely snail badge. Booklets cost £2 each, and badges £1 each.
Do support your county holiday home and campsite by booking a residential experience or evening meeting. All the details and more on the website here.